Sunday, February 19, 2012

What To Do With a Front Door That Isn't Mine Yet?

I am praying every day that our current home will sell and we will be able to move to 314. The Lord has not said "yes" yet or "this is the time" yet, but with prayer and patience I know the Lord will make his will known. We will stay here or we will move to 314, a neat old farm house in a small country town. In the meantime I write this blog as a tribute to 314 and a journal about my feelings about moving and occupying this house that is the dream of my life- an old farm house with a wrap around front porch.

The house has a fairly new front door that has been stained. But it needs refinishing or painting. I opt for painting and as I was thinking of what to say about this door in my blog, I decided to look at ideas for front door colors on the web. I quickly came upon a blog calle "A Meek Perspective", http://ameekperspective.blogspot.com/2010/11/before-after-front-door.html, that had a door just like the door at 314, transoms on the side and all. I loved how they used just a simple black to transform their entry to their home. I think that I will use their beautiful door idea to redo "my" door at 314 when I move in.

 The front door at 314.


A close up of the stained door. It is a
pretty door but in need of updating.

Below is the door from the blog
A Meek Perspective.

 See how similar it is to "my" door?

And see how they painted the transoms white and
the door black. She says it is really a blue black.
I have used that color on the door I have now and
I like it very much. So...I have found just the
right redo for "my" new front door.




No comments:

Post a Comment