Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wall Of Stone

   314 sits up a bit from the road and all along the sidewalk it sports a nice stone wall. With a little weeding and cleaning I think that we can spruce this wall up to make a very attractive entrance to our new home. I wonder where the rocks came from? How many years ago was the wall built? Did the man of the family build the wall? It would be fun to find out. Someday I am going to make a point of finding out the historyof this home and all it's little secrets. The sidewalk from town ends at 314. I am looking forward to coming out the front door, walking down the walkway to the sidewalk and strolling with the kids down to town. I may even walk Gatlin to school on pretty days. The elementary school is only about three blocks away. The post office and main street, that has a few shops and a cafe, are only two blocks away. Maybe it will be time to start walking for my health since it is not up and down the hills like the road where we live now. In any event, a leisurely stroll with the family every evening will be something to look forward to when we finally move.

 314's stone wall needs some TLC.











No comments:

Post a Comment