Thursday, January 12, 2012

"A Room With a View"



I love this picture. It is a picture looking out of the second floor window in the hallway. It looks out onto Catawba Street, the street that if you turn right will take you a few blocks down to the little town we are hoping to move to. If all goes well and we sell our house where we live now we will be able to buy this 1935 farm house. All of the family is excited to move to this little spot.

I love the nice long sidewalk that leads from the front door to the sidewalk on the street. I love that two big old oak trees to the left of the sidewalk. They will shade the quaint and lovely wrap-around front porch from the afternoon sun. I plan to walk each day down the sidewalk, past the post office and down small main street of town. And then I will walk back home. This is will be my walking exercise each day. If I am lucky, Gatlin and Chloe will want to come with me and we will talk about things we see along the way. Along the front of the yard is a nice stone "fence" that goes along the whole front of the property. It looks like it is made of smooth stones from the river. I am supposing that it was lovingly laid by one of the first owners of the house to hold up the bank in front of the yard. I really love it though. When I move in I will spend some time cleaning it up and making it stand out a little more. I can't wait for that day to come. If prayers are answered and the Lord is willing to put his stamp of approval on this hopeful and anticipated blessing, we will be moving in by the time the dogwoods begin to bloom this spring. Hold on little cottage farm house, I will buy some new dogwoods and plant them in your yard to grace your yard from this year forward. Just hold on and we will be there soon.


I saved this on Pinterest so I could use this idea in front of the window looking out on our sidewalk. Don't you love it. I already have a chair just like this and a mason jar. Must plant some peonies there though!


No comments:

Post a Comment