Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Want To Relax?


I want to relax in this tub. Fill it up with nice warm water and bubbles and lay back and let all the tensions and stress of life just disappear for a little time. This is the tub in the master bathroom of our 314 Catawba. Thinking of how to decorate this room, I am thinking of a very pale blue with bright white trim. Since I have a new chenille bedspread in a dark blue for my bed, I feel I must paint the master bedroom a pale blue like it is where we live now. I don't want to waste a good bedspread. So I have decided to carry the blue on into the adjoining bathroom. I plan to use the two flower printed drapery panels in our present bedroom on either side of the windows in this picture. With a long decorative curtain rod I can put very light blue or white sheers between the panels to cover the windows plus the wall in between. I think it will look so lovely. From there I will have to be led by inspiration, but I have plenty of decorative pictures and accents already to use in this lovely bath to make it a room to enjoy and relax in. And, I can't wait for that very first bath in this tub!

I ran across these two pictures for inspiration:

This bath has the same window set up as 314 Catawba


I love this color of blue for the beadboard. I could add beadboard wallpaper to our bathroom and steal this idea. Isn't it pretty?

No comments:

Post a Comment