Friday, January 20, 2012

Victorian Gingerbread.




I love it, Victorian gingerbread. And 314 has two rows of it all around the front porch. In the summertime, red hanging geraniums will look so pretty contrasted against the white trim. I need some wicker furniture and rocking chairs to sit in and enjoy the morning or evening sunset. Wow, I can't wait! The ceiling of the porch is even painted the traditional southern blue. I have heard that the reason the old folks painted their ceiling porches blue was that the color blue repelled flying bugs. I don't know if it is true, but on this porch it makes for a relaxing, soothing feel. Don't you just love the porch spindles and little gate to the front door?
I could have not fixed this porch up better myself, so thanks to the young mom who owns this house right now for fixing it up for ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment